CAC – Corvid-19 Update
This past week, the committee have been tirelessly discussing possible options for shooting following the Governments statements on Social Distancing. Unfortunately, the decision to continue shooting has now been taken out of our hands by Archery GB
ArcheryGB have issued blanket statement to say that ALL grassroots archery is postponed for the foreseeable future:
What does this mean for Crawley?
This does now mean that we have suspended all remaining planned shoots. In short;
- Our Indoor Season in now finished with immediate effect & The Indoor Club Champs for this year are cancelled.
- The Saturday Frostbite sessions are also now finished & The Frostbite Champs for this year are cancelled.
- We have cancelled the season’s end Portsmouth competition at Copthorne
- Our planned move to the outside season at the start of April is now postponed
- All planned Beginners Courses for the outdoor season have been postponed until further notice
This is all effective immediately. We have asked
Hazelwick to hold our Weekly and Saturday slots on their calendar for when we
can hopefully resume shooting later this year. They are holding the Summer
Sussex events on the calendar, so this is hopeful.
I’m sure for many of you this is a disappointment, especially given the recent improvement in the weather. We can only hope that by following the Governments guidelines, we can resume shooting sooner rather than later in the year.
For those of you who have entered the End of Season
Portsmouth competition, we will be aiming to return your entry fees. Similarly, if you have signed up for a Beginners Course,
you place will be held until we can once again use our grounds and can re-arrange
If you have any queries or concerns, please do get in touch with us – email@example.com.
What can you do in the interim?
We will return to regular operations just as soon as we can. For those that have the facilities to shoot at home, keep up the practice. If not, there are some decent archery skills courses on-line such as this one:
We (the committee) are especially active on our Facebook page, so do engage with us there (Or via email if you prefer) – we will endeavour to help any way we can.
Until we meet on the line – stay healthy, stay fit – stretch those muscles.
– The Committee