Managed Return to Shooting
Dear All Archers and Associates,
We are happy to announce that after a long battle with logistics, we are pleased to finally be in a position to restart shooting at Crawley Archery Club!
Our Chairman will have been in touch via e-mail to lay out how we are managing the return and which sessions will be avilable, but for a quick breakdown, please read on!
OUTDOOR SHOOTING AT HAZLEWICK
At this time, we have been granted the use of the School field on Saturday Mornings, from 9AM to 13PM.
Shooting will take place near the containers, on our regular Frostbite line
IMPORTANT – to be in compliance with the Schools Plus Covid Track & Trace system, you will need to fill out one of these online forms BEFORE attending any shooting : Crawley Archery Club Booking Form
As you will probably be expecting, we are going to have some anti-Covid type procedures to observe:
Arrival & Setting Up
- Maintain social distancing and use masks/hand sanitizer. You will need to provide your own mask/gloves and hand sanitiser please.
- Targets are required to be 4M apart – please observe the lanes that will be set up.
- Anyone moving targets MUST wear gloves and a mask when moving the targets.
- Please do not arrive on the field until 5 minutes before 9AM and we need to leave promptly after 13pm. Where possible please get your bow ready in the car park.
On the Line
- Only one person at a time will be at the shooting line per target, unless there are members of the same family/bubble.
- Mutiple details will be shot to ensure that as many archers can shoot as possible.
- Please only collect your own arrows.
- Shorter distacnes will be shot, as it will prove hard to maintain social distancing while hunting for overshot arrows.
Session Dates and Times can be found on the calendar and the booking form. These are updated weekly so please keep checking back for updates!
INDOOR SHOOTING AT COPTHORNE
Unfortunately, we are still negotiating the use/return to the hall at Copthorne School, so cannot confirm if we will be returning to Indoor shooting this season. Will keep you updated.
Where can I find updates about Covid-19 as it relates to Archery @ Crawley?
We appreciate that uncertain nature of the virus means that offical guidance can change on a regular basis. Please use the following resources for the latest updates:
The comittee is working hard to ensure that we remain safe while on the line. We will communicate any change(s) in our policy to you via e-mail and our social media platforms. If you have any concerns, we ask you to reach out directly to us: email@example.com
From Archery GB
We (Crawley Archery Club) take our lead from the postion provided by our governing body, Archery GB. Their website provides the latest updates on how Archery is being managed during the pandemic: Archery GB – Covid-19 Levels
As always, the latest up-to-date information regarding Covid-19 is available from the governments website
We appreciate your patience and support in what has been a very trying year for the club. Archery is a sociable sport and we are keen to see you all back on the line as soon as possbile!
As a Final Reminder:
- Please maintain social distancing at all times.
- Any archers that feel ill and/or are living with someone who has Covid symptoms should self isolate, and not come to the club.
- If you are high risk (sheltering) you will need your own decision about whether you feel safe to return to shooting at this time.
- Archers should notify the club should they develop symptoms after attending the shooting sessions.